Monday, August 29, 2011

Can't Stand Up For Falling Down

Saw Dr. Szewczyk today. She said my blood work looked great. Looked in my mouth and complimented me on how clean it was compared to many of her patients. Brushing is rough but there's no way I'm going to let my teeth go bad too. She didn't really have anything more to offer for the mouth issues except try Claritin instead of Zyrtec. Gave me an antibiotic prescription for a possible sinus infection.

The bad news is that Dr. Woo was a little optimistic. I guess he's just thinking radiation, but whatever. According to Dr. Scewczyk I have about another month before I start to really recover. Right about the time I'm due for my PET scan in the beginning of October. So...no real sleep for another month...

3 comments:

Colleen said...

Wait, what? Dr. Woo thinks you need to have more radiation?!

Guy said...

No, sorry. I meant he was just thinking in terms of radiation when he said I would be feeling better after two weeks. He wasn't taking into account the chemo, I guess.

Sue said...

Nice to know the blood work is good, just wished that light at the end of the tunnel looked a little nearer. Hope the Claritin works for you.