Wednesday, August 10, 2011

No Mo CheMo

Yesterday was a good day. Today, not so much.

Yesterday was my last chemotherapy session. I got me a certificate an everthang. Got my picture with some of the girls. I felt pretty good most of the day. The chemo even seemed to have calmed my mucus up a bit. But man, I was tired. The fatigue hit me pretty hard and I went to bed at around 8:30 and didn't wake up until I had to the next day for my shot of Neulastin at 3:30. The shot never hurts, but the meds burn going in really bad. More than any damn shot. I had to go back and get my radiation at 5:00 and they couldn't take me early so we left and went and walked around the mall for an hour. That just about wiped me out. I was so tired I fell asleep on the radiation table. The session is about 4 minutes long.

Went home and right to bed. I woke up a couple of times to force myself to eat, but it's all I can do to stay awake for 20 minutes without flopping back in bed. All of that's not that bad really. I just feel ick today. My kind of chemo-nausea is mostly just bad heartburn and it's really bad right now. Acid-reflux burning in my chest and throat bad. I just got up to eat and my hands are shaking from how nasty I feel. And the mucus isn't gone, it's just taken a nastier form and really buggin me. Overall I'm feeling better. I haven't had to take any pain meds at all today. Which is kinda funny since I just got some good straight up morphine for pain and no reason to take it. Probably for the best. I have 6 more days of radiation and my mouth is probably going to get worse before the end.

Oh well, that's enough feeling sorry for myself for one evening. 4 more days and my baby gets here! Can't wait, I miss her so much. You're my reason for livin kiddo!!

No comments: