Friday, July 22, 2011

Lucien Frued Passes Away at 88

A giant in the art world has passed away. Lucien Freud, one of the most influential painters of the 20th century has died in his London home after a brief illness. Freud, the grandson of the famed psychologist Sigmund Freud, left behind an immense collection of work of such consistent quality that he will be hard to match.

In local news, Guy has continued to lose weight, down to 159, according to my admittedly flawed home scale. This is not good. To counteract this, I actually was able to down 6 cans of Fibersource and a bowl of chicken noodle soup. Both tasted about the same.

Also in crappy cancer news, my hair continues to fall out from the back of my neck and the rest of my chin whiskers seem to be about gone. Even the white ones this time. Unlike chemo hair loss, this will be permanent. I imagine there will be more patchy spots I'll be missing soon. Oh well. Small price not to be dead.

The downside to losing the chin whiskers is now the zig zag scar on my chin is clearly visible. I look like those stupid future vampires from the awful Blade II movie.


No comments: