Friday, June 17, 2011

Simon

16" x 20"
Acrylic on canvas

This is a painting of Simon. He was the first dobie my daughter felt was 'hers'. He died yesterday while playing in the pool with his family. Heart attack they figure. He was a very high strung boy. Lost his mind during thunderstorms or fireworks. Always figured he'd die because of that stress. It's nice knowing he died while he was happy, playing in the pool, friends around. Much better than passing on a metal table in some scary vet operating room.

2 comments:

Sue said...

I have a watercolour painting which my sister-in-law did of my dog shortly before he died, she somehow seems to captured his personality. It is very precious. I am sure your painting of Simon is exactly the same. I wish I could paint, I make do with colouring in stamps!

Guy said...

Thank you, Sue. I wish I could find a place that sells flat boxes for things like this. I want to send it to Kaia already.
I don't know what it is about dobies. I love em to death, and painting them comes so easy. I might try doing more.