Sunday, June 12, 2011

A painting and some info


Figured I'd combine the two this time around.

Verge
5" x 7"
Acrylic on canvas

Like some of my pieces, this started out as something else. I just decided to stop early.



Next week will be a busy one. I have a PET scan coming up on Tuesday at 3:30pm. I'm guessing it's similar to a CAT scan, just not sure what the differences are. I just hope I don't have to have iodine injected into me again. That was just too creepy feeling and I hate needles.
Then I have a planning session with my radiation oncologist. I believe this is when I get "marked", Either with dots of ink or actual tattoo dots. This is to make sure the lining up of the beams is consistent. I also believe I will be fitted for a mask at this time too. Basically, a mold is taken of my face so a mask can be created. This will fit over my face and be bolted to the machine's table so I my head is in the exact same position every time and so I can't move my head during the procedure. Glad I'm not claustrophobic.

No comments: