Saturday, December 02, 2006

Orlando Museum of Art

The Paths to Impressionism

I went to the Orlando Museum of Art to check out their exhibit on impressionism. It was a small exhibit and I'm hard pressed to say it was worth the money I spent on admission, but as it's art, and impressionism, of course it was worth it. I would have paid twice, but still grumbled, poor artist that I am. To make matters worse, they're gearing up for their new exhibit on Kipniss, so the large room was closed off.

The exhibit, Paths to Impressionism was still very good. I was pleasantly surprised to find a number of pieces by Hassam, one of my favorite American impressionists. The centerpiece of the exhibit was a Monet from his water lilly period. A very nice piece indeed and it certainly stood out. There were a few works from Iniss and a couple of Pizarros as well. All in all it was a very good trip to the museum.

No comments: