Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Venilia

I have had this image of an octopus in my brain for a long time now and after doodling it on scraps of paper for years, I finally decided to get something more substantial down on paper. The results are mixed. I am very pleased with the octopus, not so much the mermaid.


Of course, once the drawing was finished, it had to be colored. There must be something new with the toner they use for my printer, because I had previously tested it with my Copic markers and they definitely smeared the toner. For some reason they don't do that any longer. Regardless, I can now color copies rather than committing the ink right to the original. The face looks different because it is. I am using a copy made before I reworked it.











I'm getting better at planning ahead, but when the muse comes, I just have to follow and sometimes it's actually distracting to get up and get supplies and tripods and such, and I lose the thread of inspiration. It sounds silly, but when I've tried to muscle past it, I can't focus and it shows in the work. Hard to explain.

Anyway, I was thinking of the scrapbookers and copicmarkerscrapbooking.com and took the time to get some pictures of the work in progress so they can see how I work.

2 comments:

Bob Manrodt said...

thanks for sharing the steps that went into your creative art.

wonderful to have such talent.

Bob Manrodt said...

thanks for sharing the steps that went into your creative art.

wonderful to have such talent.